Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Feeling Good

Welcome back.  It's been awhile since my last post.  I went back to school to finish my degree and have been working so any free time has been spent doing homework or with family.  Things are going well right now.  I'm still going to therapy and haven't had any episodes from my PTSD.  I'm feeling good.  I'm at the hard part, though.  Now is when I want to stop therapy and go off meds.

I am fighting with myself to make sure I stick with the plan.  Now is the time when I have to choose between going backwards to where I was, or move forward and continue to heal.  Too many times I have moved backwards.  It's almost like trying to deal with an addiction.  My addiction is trauma.  It's too easy to stop everything.  It's hardest when you're feeling well.  It almost makes me uncomfortable because I'm not used to feeling this way.

If you're in the same position, you have to fight.  I've seen so many people go off their meds because they feel good and think they're cured.  It takes time to heal, time beyond the feeling good part.  Some mental illnesses have to always be controlled with meds, but I refuse to allow PTSD to do that to me.  Continue to fight, even when you feel good.

I don't always know what my post is going to be about when I start typing, not until the words start flowing.  It's harder for me to blog when I'm feeling good so I'm going to end it here.  I may not post everyday because I'm fighting for a better life, but I am always here.  I'm surviving, and one day I'll be thriving.

And remember...

Above all else...SURVIVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment