Wednesday, September 11, 2013

September 11, 2001

Welcome back.  I want to reflect back on one of the most tragic events in U.S. history.  I remember where I was when it happened and I'm sure you do too.  Many people both civilians and first responders lost their lives during the 9/11 attacks.  Today is a day of remembrance.  Today is a day you should hold your loved ones close.  You never know what may happen when you walk out that door on any given day.

I do not live in New York, but I know first responders who responded to New York to help the NYPD and FDNY.  Most of these people returned a changed person.  The horrors they saw were unimaginable.  As time goes on, many people forget and move on with their lives.  They don't even think about 9/11 until it comes around again or they see some special on television.  We must never forget.  If we forget, we have become complacent, we have forgot the sacrifices made, we have forgotten the bravery shown that day.

We live in a new world.  The U.S. is not the "safe" place it once was where nothing happens and is untouchable by terrorists.  Most recently were the Boston Marathon bombings.  Incidents like this will continue to happen.  Police and Firefighters are our first line of defense here at home.  The job is hard, dangerous, and thankless.  Take time out, not only today, but everyday to thank a first responder when you see them.

I think today deserves a different sign out from my normal one.

NEVER FORGET THOSE WHO GAVE THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE

No comments:

Post a Comment