Thursday, July 5, 2018

Little Bit Exhausted

  What a week!  The week of July 4th is always our busiest.  The Police Chief bans all days off for the week.  We have our annual festival that's a week long, 5K runs, fireworks that draw hundreds of thousands of people from all over, and of course the largest, or one of the largest, 4th of July parades in the state.  I stood out in the sun and 95 degree heat with a vest for three hours, guess I shouldn't bitch, it was time and a half overtime.  Governor details among other stuff.  Between working all that overtime and still having to work my normal shift it's sleep (a little), work, eat if possible, repeat.  I don't even know why I'm blogging right now other than I have a little time before work and just kind of feel like it.

  Ever since my dad committed suicide on July 1st, 2014 with his birthday being July 2nd, that always becomes a nice start to the week also... At least the week keeps me busy enough not to think about it.  It's also nice to see there's still people that support the Police.  A lot of handshaking and thank you's.  At one point, I was saluting an honor guard for some American Revolution group and while I was saluting, they halted, performed a left face to face me, the presented the flag, which for all of you who don't know is a salute with the flag.  In this world of hatred towards the Police, it's just nice to see that stuff.  It kind of makes me feel a little better after starting the week in sadness.  Anyway, that was a bit of rambling.  If anyone has read my posts, I tend to get distracted and ramble a bit.  I think it's part ADHD and part getting something off my chest before I forget.

Anyway, I have plenty to do before I go back to work in a couple hours.  Hope everyone had a good 4th of July, if not then I'm so sorry for you.

;

No comments:

Post a Comment